Apple Removes Beats Landing Page From Website Ahead of Tuesday’s Launch Event [Update: Restored]

Apple has quietly removed the “Beats by Dre” webpage from its website ahead of its Apple event on Tuesday, as it prepares to launch a new, lower-cost HomePod and AirPods Studio headphones.


As noted by Apple Terminal, the landing page for Beats products can no longer be found on Apple’s website. The Wayback Machine has a snapshot of the page in its original form from October 2, while the most recent snapshot from October 9 shows the page as down, suggesting Apple removed it sometime between these two dates.

Over the last couple of weeks, MacRumors has independently observed a gradual removal of all links to Beats’ support website from Apple’s own support pages. Apple also quietly retired its Beats Updater utility that lets users update the firmware of their Beats Wireless headphones, earphones, and speakers.

Apple still sells Beats-branded products on the headphones and speakers section of its online store. However, earlier this month, Bloomberg reported that Apple is no longer selling headphones and wireless speakers from companies like Sonos, Bose, and Logitech. Apple did something similar in the past, eliminating stock of fitness trackers ahead of the launch Apple Watch.

These moves all point to Apple readying itself for new product launches in the audio category. Rumors indicate Apple is working on several new audio products, including a smaller, lower-cost HomePod and high-end over-ear Apple-branded headphones that could be called “‌‌AirPods Studio‌‌,” to be sold alongside the ‌AirPods‌ and AirPods Pro.

Both of these new products are expected to launch before the end of the year, and the removal of the third-party audio products from the online store suggests we could be seeing Apple’s new audio devices soon, perhaps as soon as this week at Apple’s “Hi, Speed” event on Tuesday, October 13, when it is also

CPI(M) as agency removes FIR from website

New Delhi, Oct 12 (PTI) Reacting to the CBI removing the Hathras rape case FIR from its website hours after putting it up, CPI(M) general secretary Sitaram Yechury on Monday said slammed Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, saying his eagerness to transfer the case to the investigating agency was “obvious”.

The Left parties have been demanding a court monitored probe in the matter and had opposed the transfer of the case to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).

“UP CM ‘s eagerness asking CBI to investigate the horrendous Hathras crime is now obvious. It is imperative for the Courts to monitor this investigation, deliver justice & punish the culprits. CBI must not be used, once again, to absolve a crime, denying justice,” said Yechury in a tweet tagging a news report regarding the removal of the FIR from the CBI website.

The CBI removed the FIR from its website sensing possible violation of a Supreme Court order that FIRs in cases of rape and sexual assault, including those against minors, should not be put in public domain by police,sources indicated The agency, however, did not retract or remove its media statement from the website.

In December, 2018, a Supreme Court bench headed by Justice Madan B Lokur directed the print and electronic media to not reveal the identity of victims of rape and sexual assault ‘even in a remote manner’.

The CBI took over the investigation from Uttar Pradesh police into the alleged gang-rape and murder of a Dalit woman in a village in Hathras district on September 14.

The agency had registered an FIR under IPC sections related to gang-rape and murder among others, and Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, officials said.

It assigned the case to its Ghaziabad unit with a special team

CBI puts Hathras case FIR on website, removes within hours

New Delhi, Oct 12 (PTI) Hours after putting the Hathras rape case FIR on its website, the CBI removed it sensing possible violation of a Supreme Court order that FIRs in cases of rape and sexual assault, including those against minors, should not be put in public domain by police.

The agency, however, did not retract or remove its media statement from the website.

The FIR withheld the name of the Hathras victim, concealed using a whitening ink, but it was decided to withdraw it from public domain to avoid unnecessary controversy, sources said.

In December, 2018, a Supreme Court bench headed by Justice Madan B Lokur directed the print and electronic media to not reveal the identity of victims of rape and sexual assault ‘even in a remote manner’.

The apex court said FIRs in cases of rape and sexual assault, including those against minors, should not be put in public domain by police.

The issue had cropped up when the court was hearing a batch of petitions filed after the rape and murder of a paramedic student on December 16, 2012, in New Delhi to support the initiatives on women’s safety across the country.

The CBI took over the investigation from UP police into alleged gangrape and murder of a Dalit woman in a village in Hathras district of Uttar Pradesh on September 14 after registering an FIR early Sunday under IPC sections related to gang rape and murder among others, and Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, officials said.

It assigned the case to its Ghaziabad unit with a special team to investigate the crime, they said.

The 19-year old woman succumbed to injuries at a Delhi hospital on September 29, which was followed by a hushed up cremation at night allegedly forced by

Facebook removes fake accounts linked to conservative group

By David Klepper | Associated Press

Facebook has removed 276 accounts that used fake profiles to pose as right-leaning Americans and comment on news articles, often in favor of President Donald Trump, the company announced Thursday.

The platform also permanently banned an Arizona-based digital communications firm that it said was behind the fake accounts.

The move was prompted by reporting last month in The Washington Post that a pro-Trump group known as Turning Point Action was paying teenagers to post coordinated, supportive messages, a violation of Facebook’s rules.

Facebook and Twitter have been regularly removing fake accounts — both domestic and foreign — that try to insert themselves in the U.S. political discourse and influence the election. But social media companies face broader threats around misinformation and voter suppression that at times come from President Donald Trump himself.

The latest network Facebook removed became active before the 2018 midterm elections and went dormant until June when the accounts began posting on topics including the coronavirus pandemic, criticism of the Democratic Party and its nominee, former Vice President Joe Biden, as well as praise for Trump and other Republicans.

“So sick of democrats continuing to make republicans look bad! It makes me tired of politics and I just believe Republicans are much more humble when it comes to money because Democrats will do anything to screw over Americans,” read one post that Facebook cited as an example.

Individuals behind the accounts used stock photos to create fake profiles, many of which were removed by Facebook’s automated detection software. Facebook determined that the accounts were being coordinated by Rally Forge, an Arizona-based firm.

“Although the people behind this network attempted to conceal their identities and coordination, our investigation linked this activity to Rally Forge,” Facebook said.

While Facebook’s investigation cited Rally Forge’s

Facebook removes Trump post calling the coronavirus ‘less lethal’ than the flu

“Flu season is coming up! Many people every year, sometimes over 100,000, and despite the Vaccine, die from the Flu. Are we going to close down our Country? No, we have learned to live with it, just like we are learning to live with Covid, in most populations far less lethal!!!” Trump’s tweet and now-deleted Facebook post reads.

Trump on Monday night left Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, where he was being treated for covid-19. Earlier in the day, he posted on social media, “Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life.” That drew intense criticism online for what many saw as him downplaying the virus that has killed at least 209,000 people in the United States.

Neither Twitter nor Facebook took any action against the Monday post and did not respond to repeated requests for comment asking if it violated their policies against coronavirus misinformation. Both companies have pledged to remove coronavirus misinformation that could lead to physical harm.

Twitter and Facebook have taken harsher action against Trump’s tweets this year. Twitter has labeled several of his tweets for violating its policies, starting with a fact check label in May and immediately drawing the ire of the president for its decision.

But many experts still criticize the companies for not taking harsher action and say the policies are not being enforced consistently.

“There are more tests coming. This should be easy one,” Mike Ananny, an associate professor at University of Southern California’s Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism, tweeted Monday after Twitter left Trump’s post untouched.

Twitter spokesperson Trenton Kennedy said Tuesday that Twitter labeled the president’s tweet about the flu for violating its policies by “making misleading health claims about covid-19.” Facebook spokesperson Andy Stone confirmed the company had removed the same post.

“We