- You can download Nvidia drivers right from the Nvidia website, or using an app called Nvidia GeForce Experience.
- If you have an Nvidia GeForce card, you can install the GeForce Experience app to automatically install the right Nvidia drivers.
- If you have a different kind of Nvidia card or don’t want to use the Experience app, you can manually download drivers from the Nvidia website.
- Before you download new Nvidia drivers, use the Windows Device Manager to find out what graphics card you have installed.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
For years, Nvidia has been a leader in the field of computer graphics. Many of the most powerful computers on the market use Nvidia graphics cards.
And like any part of your computer, the software on your Nvidia cards — also known as their “drivers” — occasionally need to be upgraded. Keeping your graphics card updated is vital, as outdated drivers can cause all sorts of glitches and bugs.
Luckily, you don’t need to pull the card out of your computer to update its drivers. You can just download new drivers, much like you would update a regular app.
There are two ways to download Nvidia drivers and keep your system up to date, but before you get started, you need to know what kind of Nvidia card is installed on your computer.
1. Right-click the Windows icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen, and select “Device Manager” in the pop-up that appears.
2. In the Device Manager, find the “Display Adapters” line and click the arrow next to it. This will show you all the graphics cards currently active on your computer.
3. You should see the name of