UNO clarifies +2 rule in viral Twitter post. Internet disagrees



UNO clarified the +2 rule in a viral Twitter post. (Photo: Getty Images)


UNO clarified the +2 rule in a viral Twitter post. (Photo: Getty Images)

UNO, the interesting number card game, is a big favourite and people including children as well as adults enjoy playing it. However, quite often, there has been enough argument over the +2 action card and its consequences. Now now, if you have often been a part of such altercations involving the +2 card while playing the card game, you may or may not be delighted to know that UNO has clarified the rule. Read on.

WHAT IS UNO?

Originally developed by Merle Robbins in 1971 in Ohio, UNO is card game that has been popular across generations. It consists of number cards in different colours as well as action cards such as Wild, Draw Four, Skip, +2 and Reverse.

HOW TO PLAY UNO?

To play UNO, seven cards are dealt to every player and the game begins after a card from the remaining deck is flipped over. Now, you have to play one card matching the card laid out in colour, number or symbol. The game continues and every action card has a particular rule with it. The player who finishes his cards first, wins.

WHAT DOES THE +2 CARD SIGNIFY?

After you throw a +2 card, the next player has to pick up two cards. But often, players argue that the next player, instead of picking up two cards, can throw a +2 card over a +2 if he has one. Sorry folks, but that isn’t the rule.

WHAT DID UNO TWEET ABOUT THE +2 CARD?

UNO has clarified the official rule in a new post on Twitter with respect to the +2 card. “Per management, you cannot STACK a +2 on a +2. Go ahead, roast us,” UNO said in their post.

Okay, then. Here

Judge to rule on extending Florida’s voter registration deadline after website crash

A federal judge heard arguments on Thursday morning about extending Florida’s voter registration deadline again after it had already been extended, following issues with the official state website that occurred earlier this week.

The day the site experienced the issue was also the last day residents could register to vote for the Nov. 3 election.

Voting rights groups sued and took the case to court, claiming Secretary of State Laurel Lee’s extension to 7 p.m on Tuesday wasn’t adequate enough to offset the damage caused by the website crash.

Chief U.S. District Judge Mark Walker grilled lawyers for the state and estimated that even with the extension, far fewer Floridians applied to vote on the online system than compared to registrations in the lead-up to the 2018 midterms, according to Fox 13.

“No one wants to get this right more than we do. Our website fell short of the standards that we have set for ourselves. We tried to remedy the situation,” Mohammad Jazil, a lawyer for Lee, told Walker.

Plaintiffs are asking that Walker extend the voting-registration deadline for two days, but he did not immediately issue a decision. One is expected later today, however.

FLORIDA VOTER REGISTRATION WEBSITE EXPERIENCED OUTAGE HOURS BEFORE DEADLINE

The defendants, on the other hand, argued the plaintiff’s proposal would harm the state “far worse than it would benefit the plaintiffs.”

Walker reportedly asked if the issue was so large in scope as to warrant judicial intervention.

Jazil highlighted the fact that two individual plaintiffs in the lawsuit who claimed they were unable to use the website were already registered voters,” Fox 13 reported.

“We had a deadline. It was a generally applicable, widely known deadline. We had a failure of one mechanism to meet that deadline for a portion of one day on

FCC Nixes Cable’s Programming Financial Interest Reporting Rule

WASHINGTON—The FCC is eliminating the requirement that cable operators maintain records in their online public inspection files related to their interests in video programming services and information regarding their carriage of these services on cable systems they own.

The FCC adopted these rules 25 years ago in an effort to police compliance with channel occupancy limits on programming where cable operators had a financial interest, the commission says. In 2001, the D.C. Circuit ended those limits and remanded them back to the FCC, which has determined no need to establish new limits.

“Given that these requirements no longer serve their intended purpose and the information covered by the rule can be obtained from sources other than public inspection files, the commission voted to remove this unnecessary and outdated regulatory burden on cable operators,” the FCC said in its announcement.

The decision came ahead of the FCC’s Sept. 30 open meeting, where the rule was on the docket. It has been removed from the agenda as a result.

According to TVT’s sister publication Multichannel News, cable operators have been split on the need for these requirements. ACA Connects has argued for the requirements to stay in place as enforcement for program access rules, while NCTA—The Internet & Television Association claimed that ACAC’s stance was self-serving, as the information is easily available.

This is the latest example of FCC Chairman Ajit Pai’s for media regulation modernization efforts—the 24th, according to the FCC.

Recently, departing FCC Commissioner Michael O’Rielly shared a blog post where he stresses the importance of modernizing media regulations for broadcast and cable operators.

Source Article

Facebook’s 20% rule, Pinterest Story Pins, Reddit brand safety options

Social Shorts: Facebook’s 20% rule, Pinterest Story Pins, Reddit brand safety options






// Load the SDK

(function(d, s, id){ var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;} js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));

Source Article