- The Swiss pharmaceutical giant Novartis is a leader in the drug industry, commanding a market value of $200 billion and employing more than 100,000 people around the globe.
- Business Insider’s analysis shows that Novartis hires employees in the US at salaries ranging from around $50,000 to mid-six-figures.
- Our analysis includes salaries for positions from scientists to global directors, The roles we analyzed include: science, data, solutions, engineering, leadership, and more.
- The results come from a US Department of Labor database of base salaries for permanent and temporary foreign workers.
- While a limited sample, the data brings some level of salary transparency to the competitive and secretive drug industry.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
With a market value of $200 billion and more than 100,000 employees, Novartis is one of the largest drugmakers in the world.
Since taking over in 2018, CEO Vas Narasimhan has led the Swiss pharma giant to focus on bolder scientific bets, such as acquiring the gene therapy company AveXis for $8.7 billion and inking a five-year deal with Microsoft to use artificial intelligence in drug development.
While headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Novartis has a presence around the world, particularly in the US. Its flagship research labs are located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and the pharma company also has a sizable presence in East Hanover, New Jersey.
Salary transparency is hard to come by in the competitive and secretive drug industry. But Business Insider gleaned a partial look inside compensation at Novartis through a database showing how much companies intend to pay foreign workers who apply for visas to work in the US.
Companies must disclose how much they intend to pay foreign workers who apply for visas to work in the US. From more than 6,000 visa applications found in the US Office of Foreign