Northern Ireland U21 v Finland U21: Ballymena game live on BBC Sport NI website

Shayne Lavery (right) battles with Norway's Jonas Svensson in last month's senior friendly
Shayne Lavery (right) is in the Northern Ireland Under-21 squad after featuring for the senior side in last month’s defeat by Norway
Venue: Ballymena Showgrounds Date: Friday 9 October Kick-off: 18:00 BST
Coverage: Live on the BBC Sport NI website

Northern Ireland Under-21s will aim for only their second win of the current European Championship qualifying campaign when they host Finland at the Ballymena Showgrounds on Friday night.

Friday’s match will be live on the BBC Sport Northern Ireland website.

Last month’s 2-0 away victory in Malta was Northern Ireland’s sole win in seven Group Eight qualifiers to date.

That was followed by a 1-0 home defeat by leaders Denmark – which was third loss of the campaign for the Irish.

Northern Ireland’s tally of six points leaves only Malta below them in the campaign as they sit 13 behind the Danes.

Caretaker manager Andy Crosby includes Linfield’s Shayne Lavery, Barrow full-back Bobby Burns, now on loan at Glentoran, and Livingston defender Ciaron Brown, who have all been part of Northern Ireland senior squads.

Watford midfielder JJ McKiernan, QPR midfielder Amrit Bansal-McNulty – who is on loan with Serie C side Como – and Brighton forward Ben Wilson have earned first call-ups.

Portadown striker Lee Bonis and Cliftonville and Linfield defenders Aaron Donnelly and Ross Larkin are retained in their squad after having their first involvement with the under-21s last month.

Northern Ireland will face second-placed Ukraine in Ballymena on Tuesday in another game that will be live on the BBC Sport Northern Ireland website.

Northern Ireland Under-21 squad

Goalkeepers: Conor Hazard (Celtic), Nathan Gartside (Derry City)

Defenders: Eoin Toal (Derry City), Caolan Marron (Glentoran), Ciaron Brown (Livingston), Kofi Balmer (Ballymena United), Jack Scott (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Daniel Amos (Doncaster Rovers), Ross Larkin (Linfield), Aaron Donnelly (Cliftonville), Nathan Kerr (Portadown)

Midfielders:

Computer glitch causes congestion at Queensland border hours after reopening to Northern NSW

Queensland police say the online border declaration pass is malfunctioning for some border zone residents attempting to enter the state.

It comes just hours after Queensland eased border restrictions to allow residents in areas of northern New South Wales to enter the state without undergoing quarantine.

Gold Coast Police Chief Superintendent Mark Wheeler confirmed locals in some of the newly added northern New South Wales areas were not being recognised by the system.

He said the glitch was due to an overload of information in the system and was impacting up to seven suburbs.

“Unfortunately there’s been a couple of IT issues around some suburbs, the relevant government department is working through that now as we speak,” Chief Superintendent Wheeler said.

“It’s been a mammoth task by housing and public works.

“All Queensland postcodes for the entire state have had to be loaded into the system so understandably there’s a lot of stress on the system but they’re working through it.”

Police said Queensland residents intending on travelling within the New South Wales border zone and re-entering Queensland, would need to apply for the updated X pass, also known as “Border Zone Resident Declaration Pass”.

Chief Superintendent Wheeler said efforts were being made to fix the glitch.

Police said anyone affected could show proof of their address at the border and would be able to apply for a pass in person.

‘It should have been ironed out’

Ballina Councillor Eoin Johnston was booked in for a surgical procedure at a Gold Coast hospital but the glitch in the online system told him his address was outside the border zone.

He drove to the border not knowing if he would get to his appointment.

“I got up early, before 5:00am. I was on the computer, I went through the procedure, I

Northern California casino shut down by external computer attack, may be ransomware

Northern California’s Cache Creek Casino Resort, which has been shut down since Sept. 20 because of what it called a “systems infrastructure failure,” confirmed Wednesday that its computer systems were the target of an outside attack and that the incident is under investigation.

“While our investigation is ongoing, we have confirmed the cause was an external attack on our computer network,” the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation, owners of the casino, said in response to questions from The Sacramento Bee. “The privacy of our guests and employees is our highest priority and we want to make certain they have some peace-of-mind.

“We are working closely with independent experts who regularly investigate incidents of this type to determine any risks to data security. Attacks like these are significant and can take weeks to research thoroughly.

“If it is determined the personal information of guests or employees was exposed, we will notify affected individuals in writing. To further reassure our community, we repeat our commitment to continued full pay and benefits for our employees during this time, whether they have been asked to report for their regular shifts or not.”

Sources, not at liberty to speak on the matter, told The Bee that the FBI is looking into whether the incident is a ransomware attack aimed at holding Cache Creek’s network and information hostage in return for payment, but a casino spokesman declined to comment further than the statement.

The casino, located in Brooks about an hour east of Sacramento, remains closed for now while officials bolster its internal security measures.

“Cache Creek Casino Resort will remain closed while we fortify our infrastructure and restore all operations,” the tribe’s statement said. “Unfortunately, and as reported in the news, these computer attacks are becoming increasingly frequent, with major banks, a large healthcare company and